Friday, April 2, 2021

Review : Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

 I have been dying to post about this product from the moment I bought it but, I figured, in order for me to give an honest review, I needed to give it a little time to see whether it really makes a difference to my skin. I have to admit, the uncomplicated packaging really won me over but, I have been duped many a times by charming packaging. It's really important for me to spend my money on products that  make a difference in my life so I was definitely rooting for this water gel. 



According to Neutrogena, if you want hydrated skin and a healthy glow, this is the product for you. The lightweight formula contains Hyaluronic acid and also promises supple skin that lasts throughout the whole day. I have been using the water gel for about 5 weeks now, both morning and night and there are a few things that I like about the gel.
  • The texture- It is super lightweight and not greasy which makes it easy to wear under your foundation. It also absorbs super quickly so you don't spend your precious time rubbing your face.
  • The light blue pot with the white lid is , as I  have mentioned, quite a charming change for someone who normally prefers a pump bottle. I like that it looks pretty on my night stand.
  • It has a comforting smell that is not overwhelming. This is important to me especially since we cannot escape any smells while wearing our masks.
  • Even though the gel absorbs very quickly you immediately notice how it quenches your skin.  This probably stood out for me the most. While my skin is not particularly dry, the gel made a visible difference. I looked well rest and hydrated every time I used it.


I have to admit that I normally prefer a cream that has a thicker consistency, especially for night time, but this gel has really changed the way I look at gel formulas. So much so that I have recommended it to all my friends. There are a few other products in the Neutrogena Hydro Boost range and after my great experience with this gel, it goes without saying that I am eager to try some of them. You can find this product at most stores and it retails for just under R140.

Have you tried any of the Hydro Boost products? I would love to hear what you think about it.

TILL LATER, LAUREN! 

PS: Special shoutout to Xylon and Thando for helping me take these pictures.

No comments:

Life begins at...Sobriety?

That seems to be the case for me. Let me start by saying, had it not been for a near death experience, I would certainly not be writing this...