Friday, January 28, 2022

Monochromatic dreams

 Hi guys.


So I've been trying to get back into the (fashion) swing of things because  I feel I have been playing things way too safe for the last few years.

Everything changed when I had my son. In my head I was still a skinny person and that's how I shopped for things. Not for my actual body. I would buy things with my skinny mentality and instantly regret it when  I finally  wore the clothes. It was a vicious cycle and it chipped away at my confidence. 

Over the last few years social media has opened my eyes to so many inspiring individuals. All different body types, all different aesthetics but, they all had one thing in common. They all were fearlessly themselves. I love those streetstyle  shots highlighting individual style and personalities and I have decided to take a few myself . I'm taking more risks now and worrying less and I wanted to document it so  that  I can look back every time a feel dull and uninspired. 





There is just something about monochromatic dressing that I am attracted to at the moment. I know these won't get me invited to NYFW anytime soon...but they make me so damn happy!

Everything I'm wearing is from Mr Price except the glasses. Those were a freebie with my favourite magazine. PS. I want to live in these shoes. 

TILL LATER, LAUREN! 

2 comments:

Jodie said...

I love the look of monochromatic dressing! It’s the calming effect for me. Thanks for sharing!

Lauren Vogel said...

Thank you for reading 🌺

Life begins at...Sobriety?

That seems to be the case for me. Let me start by saying, had it not been for a near death experience, I would certainly not be writing this...