Tuesday, October 26, 2021

CLARINS: love in a sample



I recently signed up for the Clarins newsletter and with it came a really cool free gift (to the value of R650) . All I had to do was pay the shipping fee. I wont even lie, I jumped at the chance because  I have loved Clarins products since forever, I just wasn't able to afford many of them. I am so happy I did. I received 4 products and a gorgeous toiletry bag. While I love all the products, the Beauty Flash Balm and Wonder Perfect Mascara really stood out for me. So much so that I am saving up to get full sizes. Today I would like to share a quick review on each of the samples. 


SOS Hydra Mask

I am a gigantic fan of anything hydrating and this mask is no exception. It contains "leaf of life extract" (which I have never heard of before) and is super refreshing and soothing. The light blue liquid turns transparent when applied to the skin. I like to keep it on for at least twenty minutes and then remove any excess with a cotton pad. On the days when my skin looks extra parched, I don't even bother removing it. It honestly leaves my skin feeling lovely.


The Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser

The orange extract in this cleanser is why I enjoy it so much. The fresh, citrusy smell is perfect to give you that wake up call in the morning. It's gentle enough to use everyday and on any skin type. I also appreciated that it was slightly bigger than the other samples. This cleanser makes a definite impact on my skin.


The Wonder Perfect Mascara 4D

This has to be the best mascara I have ever used in my life. The sample (in perfect black) packs a whole lot of punch. I love everything from the way it applies to the shape of the brush. It is also relatively easy to remove. My lashes have never looked more striking.



The Beauty Flash Balm

This was the biggest hit out of all the samples for me. The packaging claims that the little white tube contains everything you need to "tighten and brighten" and I am completely sold. The balm is particularly helpful after a late night with friends or before an early soccer morning. On top of that it smells wonderful. My skin adores it. 

I know I didn't have one bad thing to say about the products but, I really have had a wonderful experience with all of them so far. I only wish that they were bigger but, that goes without saying. I've decided from now on I will feature more samples on my blog because it is a brilliant way for my readers and I to discover possible gems and also to figure out what is not worth the hype. I do hope you have been somewhat enlightened by this post. Feel free to share some of your favourite samples (or full sized) products with me.


You can shop Clarins at www.clarins.co.za 


TILL LATER, LAUREN!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've heard great things about this brand! and this is such a great way to try out new products. thanks for sharing.

Lauren Vogel said...

Thank you for reading 😊 I hope you find some great products as well!

Life begins at...Sobriety?

That seems to be the case for me. Let me start by saying, had it not been for a near death experience, I would certainly not be writing this...