Monday, October 9, 2017

Basically.

My closet is a mess. Over the last five years I have made quite a few bad decisions when it came to buying clothing. Don’t get me wrong, fashion plays a major role in my day to day life. I love reading magazines and blogs and watching anything on television that has to do with fashion. After having a baby my body changed so much and it completely blindsided me.

Not in a million years could I have anticipated the amount of changes I would go through. I no longer had my flat tummy and I started to dress to cover up, well, everything. You can imagine the torture each shopping trip held for me. To make matters worse, everyone else around seemed to be in the best shapes of their lives. Needless to say, I started to shop to nurse my battered ego instead of making calculated and rational decisions.

So that is where I am at now, a wardrobe SOS. I have a few really good pieces in my closet but they are usually overshadowed by the junk that I bought in my state of weakness.  I figured now that I am finally happy with how my body looks it is time to get my act together, wipe the slate clean and try to do this right. No, my body is not in perfect shape but, now I look at myself differently. I realise that beauty comes in a myriad of shapes and sizes and, once you are at peace with how your body looks, you learn to appreciate it. It gets a lot easier to look after your body. It’s a winning situation all around. Ok, now that my Dr Phil moment is over, let’s get down to business. What better way to start afresh than to make sure I have the basics covered and then to build on that.


THE BASICS

* The white T-shirt
* The black turtleneck



* The coat


*The blazer

 *The white button down shirt

* The black long sleeve T shirt
*The neutral cardigan
* The crew neck sweater

* The basic black dress

* The leather jacket
* The versatile denim jacket


* The pencil skirt
* Jeans- that you can pair with anything


*A pair of well fitting cargo pants
* The basic black pants
* A pair of neutral flats


* Classic black heels


* Stand out heels


Once you have the basics you can add more trendy pieces to make your wadrobe more versatile. Let's see how my journey goes from here.....

* I do  not take credit for the images in this post

TILL LAUREN!

No comments:

Life begins at...Sobriety?

That seems to be the case for me. Let me start by saying, had it not been for a near death experience, I would certainly not be writing this...