Monday, September 6, 2021

New in: AVON edition


We have just started a new month and I am particularly excited to be adding new products to my beauty and skincare regime. This month the theme I had in mind was "luxury". Let's face it, the year had been more horrendous than anyone could have anticipated so a little luxury in my life was certainly welcome. I recently picked up two products from Avon and I thought I would do a quick review just to share my initial thoughts.


Let's start with this amazing shower cream. I really jumped at the chance to use this because I am obsessed with everything that is coconut scented. In addition to the coconut it also has Tiare Flower (This is the national flower of the islands of Tahiti and the name tiare is derived from the word tiara suggesting that the tiare flower is the queen of all flowers in French Polynesia). Apart from the fact that it made me feel like royalty (see what I did there) every time I used it, I could not get over the smell. There is something so calming about these two ingredients together that it feels like I just got back from a vacation after using it. I got it in the 720 ml and I am definitely going to repurchase. It retails for R 84.90


 The second product that caught my eye was this ageless protecting day cream with spf 30 and green tea extract. According to the packaging this day cream is packed with vitamins and antioxidants to help hydrate (thank you) and protect skin against signs of premature aging. I have to admit, I am pretty set in my ways when it comes to day cream and I insist on having a cream that hydrates. I'm also really happy that the cream contains spf30 because I don't always remember to put sunscreen on (yikes). Especially when the weather is cooler. While I drink green tea religiously, I had never considered incorporating it into my skin care routine. As an added bonus the green tea extract does not only diminish signs of aging it also calms irritation, evens out skin discoloration and protects the skin against UV radiation : to name  a few  a benefits. The cream is lightweight yet, super luxurious and, just like the shower cream, has a super calming smell. This 50ml retails for R209. 


I absolutely love when I am right about products and I was spot on with picking these two. With the seasons changing and the weather heating up I think it's the perfect time for you to also give these products a try. I know for sure they will be staying in my routine for the rest of the year.

If you are keen on trying Avon products you can also shop at my online store here or find an Avon representative near you.

TILL LATER, LAUREN!

9 comments:

Della Driscoll said...

This day cream sounds brilliant and right up my street!

Lauren Vogel said...

It honestly is amazing! Thank you for reading Della :)

An Ordinary Gal said...

I also love coconut everything!

Molly @ Transatlantic Notes said...

I didn't know that green tea can diminish the signs of ageing -- I will have to look into incorporating it into my skincare routine. The day cream sounds like something I would really enjoy using -- thanks for the information!

Lauren Vogel said...

Thank you guys for reading :) I really love seeing your comments!

The Clockwork Reader said...

Coconut is one of my absolute favorite ingredient in skincare products. Thanks for sharing!

Lauren Vogel said...

I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone. Thank you for reading :)

Jordanne || Ofaglasgowgirl said...

I've not used anything from AVON in ages! Love the sound of the day cream. I can just imagine how good these smell.

Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk

Lauren Vogel said...

It is really amazing. So hydrating as well. Thank you so much for reading Jordanne :)

Life begins at...Sobriety?

That seems to be the case for me. Let me start by saying, had it not been for a near death experience, I would certainly not be writing this...