Monday, September 27, 2021

Empties: The good, bad and ugly #1

 I love a good empties post. To me it says that the blogger actually loved the product enough to finish it. I am also not a fan of wasting anything which is why I use all my products up until the last drop. Granted, if it irritates your skin or your foundation is oxidizing I can definitely see why you would stop. I would too.

Like I said I tend to finish all my products so this post will be relatively short and I will most likely not be doing an "empties" post too often. Nevertheless, I have recently finished a few products and I would like to share them with you. Let's start with Tresemme's Botanic moisture & replenish shampoo. I initially bought this shampoo when I started to transition from relaxed hair to natural hair. The fact that it contains coconut milk and aloe vera made it seem like it would be really gentle on my hair. It smells amazing and while it did a great job of cleansing and softening my hair, I wont be repurchasing it. I just want to try a few other products first and who knows, I might circle back to it. 


Dark & Lovely's Au Naturale Moisture Right deep nourishing hair mask really blew me away. Apart from the delicious smell, I was really pleased with the results. The mask contains African Shea butter and almond oil so I was left with soft, hydrated, beautifully defined curls. No doubt that this one will stay part of my hair care routine for a long time. This is perfect for my new hair journey.


This Isabella Garcia 3 in 1 nourishing night cream was a gift from my mom. It's suitable for all skin types so, if you are looking for a luxurious night cream, this one is for you. It leaves my skin looking supple and cared for. Like I said I was gifted this product and with the pricing being a little too steep for my liking (and my purse) I dont think I am going to repurchase it. Nevertheless, if you can afford to splurge a bit you should definitely consider this night cream.


Lastly, this is probably the best lipstick I have ever used. You can read my full review Here . I really struggle to find single thing wrong with Maybelline's Super Stay Matte Ink lipstick. The colour pay off is amazing and it stays on forever but, you won't be found stiff lipped throughout the day. I can't wait to get it in every single colour. This is shade #15 Lover. 


So there you have it. The end of my first "empties" post. I sincerely hope you enjoyed it. Do you see any of your favourites in this post? Please share your comments and blog links with me. I look forward to hearing from you. 

TILL LATER, LAUREN! 


6 comments:

jennyinneverland said...

I struggle to find lip products that work for me so maybe this is one for me to check out! Thanks for sharing :) x

Lauren Vogel said...

You are welcome :) let me know what you think about it!

Diva Desle said...

I love matte lipsticks. The Maybelline ones sound great for this Summer. Thanks for the recommendation. πŸ˜πŸ’•

Lauren Vogel said...

Oh its amazing! I am completely in love with it. Thank you for reading πŸ’•

thathappyreader said...

I love product review posts so thanks for sharing! I want to try both the lipstick and the hair mask.

Lauren Vogel said...

I appreciate that you read 😊glad you enjoyed it!

Life begins at...Sobriety?

That seems to be the case for me. Let me start by saying, had it not been for a near death experience, I would certainly not be writing this...