Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Review: Essence all in one BB cream (medium 03)

You know those days when it seems like the whole universe is conspiring against you? When absolutely nothing seems to go your way?  Those are days when I couldn’t be bothered with putting on a full face of makeup. I would much rather take a shortcut to looking radiant. This is where BB creams come in handy.




For those who don’t already know, a BB cream is also known as a beauty balm or blemish balm. This multitasker simultaneously covers imperfections, hydrates and protects the skin with a built in SPF. Over the last two years I have tried many different BB creams and the latest one I picked up is from Essence. Let me tell you a little bit about it.

What I think about it

First of all, Essence almost always gets it right with the packaging. The ombre look of the tube is quite pleasing to the eye. Once applied, the BB cream does create a healthier looking skin. I appreciated the fact that it cut my ‘getting ready’ time in half, but didn’t leave me looking like I did half the job that morning. It provides adequate coverage without the heavy, bulky feeling. I don’t have to worry about looking oily and I can add some bronzer without having a shine overload.



The 30ml tube has a sturdy screw on cap and will literally fit into any bag or clutch. I have to be honest however; the fact that it is fragrance free did bother me slightly at first. Somehow I got it in my head that everything I put on my face should smell...well...like something. That being said, I think this BB cream is working pretty well for me at the moment and I would definitely repurchase. They retail for R54,95 but I got it on sale at Clicks for R25. Also, I don’t know the amount of shades it is available in but, if you are looking for light to medium coverage, this will suit you just fine.

PS: it looks a lot darker in the tube than on your skin so darker girls might not like the shades.

Are you using a BB cream at the moment? I would love to hear about it.

TILL LATER, LAUREN!

No comments:

Life begins at...Sobriety?

That seems to be the case for me. Let me start by saying, had it not been for a near death experience, I would certainly not be writing this...