Thursday, January 12, 2023

LIFE : Looking forward to the new year

Hi everyone and welcome to my first look post for 2023! Last year I decided that I would post more look posts regardless of how I felt about it. This was what I was wearing for the last day (Saturday) of 2022 and I spent the day just hanging out at my mom's house.

I absolutely love this dress especially because it has shoulder pads. Dresses are really easy to dress up or down which is why it is always my go-to. This one also has a detachable belt which is an added bonus. No doubt I will be spending alot of time in this dress.


I decided to add the printed gladiator sandals and bag to bring a bit of colour to the chocolate brown dress and, because we spent the day at home, I decided that gold hoops as the only accessories would suffice. I loved how I felt in the whole outfit and I think my braided hair added to the easy casual vibe. 

Also how cute is my make up!


Dress &bag: Choice Clothing
Sandals (old) : Foschini
Earrings: The Fix

I am slowly but surely getting back into the swing of things. I'm working out so I feel a lot better in the clothes I wear and I am not focused on what other people think anymore. 2023 is definitely the year for exploring and having fun with fashion and I look forward to that. Here's to a brave new year.

TILL LATER, LAUREN!

3 comments:

Netert Aset said...

I think the dress looks good on you. Plus, I agree your braids definitely completes the look!

Lauren Vogel said...

Thank you :) and thank you for reading.

Unknown said...

What a lovely read

Life begins at...Sobriety?

That seems to be the case for me. Let me start by saying, had it not been for a near death experience, I would certainly not be writing this...