Saturday, March 11, 2023

BEAUTYHACKS that changed my life!

 Beauty, along with fashion, could always cheer me up even on my worst days. As a teenager I wasn't afraid to experiment or explore with new beauty trends. Naturally, it didn't always work out for the best but, it gave me a chance to see what does work.





Scouring the internet and reading other blogs and magazines helped me discover beauty hacks that has made my life easier. As you grow older your beauty needs and preferences will no doubt change, but looking put together will always be in style. In this post I'd like share some of my favourite and most treasured beauty tips.

Fill in and shape your brows

I have never considered filling in my brows before reading about it on beauty blogs. It gave my face a whole new look. I tried powder but, a pencil is definitely better for me. Groomed brows frame the eyes and makes a huge difference to any face. What's even better now  is that there are more permanent options now like brow tinting or tattooing so you can knock of a few minutes off your make up routine.


*Wear a primer+ setting spray

Like I have said in my previous post, I have never found primer to be much of a necessity but, after discovering a few cult favourites I don't go without it. Not only does it make your foundation look a million times better but, some primers you can even wear without foundation and look amazing. The exact same goes for a setting spray. Its like putting a very delicious cherry on an already delicious cake.

*Invest in a good foundation

Nothing is worse than a foundation that's either the wrong shade or one that does not give proper coverage. You might have to spend a little extra time and money in order to find a suitable foundation but, it will be worth it. Also, make sure you put foundation on your neck and ears too. You don't want to be walking around like it's your face with someone else's neck. Spend time testing foundations and finding the correct colour. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

*Put your dry shampoo on the night before
I have made this mistake many times. Putting dry shampoo on in the morning and heading out. My hair would end up looking all powdery and dull. Now I make sure I put it on the night before so the product has enough time to work. This doesn't happen with all dry shampoos but, I would rather not take the chance.



*Wear lipstick when you can

I used to be the girl that never wore lipstick. Now, I own way too many to even excuse. I have so many shades and it perks up my mood and face even when I'm not wearing other make up. Lipstick is a confidence booster. 

*Take care of your skin

For me, this is probably the most important one because no amount of make up will make you feel as good as having healthy good looking skin. In fact, the better you take care of your skin, the better your make up will look and the more confident you will feel. This includes wearing sunblock everyday, drinking tons water, never going to bed with makeup on and getting enough sleep to name a few. Trust me on this one.


What are some of your go to beauty hacks? The ones that you swear by and pass on every chance that you get. Do share them with me. I would love to hear from you.

TILL LATER, LAUREN!

* I do not take credit for the images in this post


6 comments:

Heather said...

I've found it makes a big difference just to have lipstick even if you don't have time to do the rest. Thanks for the tips.

Cleoné Lottering said...

Thank you for these hacks. Definitely appreciate the one about the dry shampoo.

Cleoné Lottering said...

Thank you for these hacks. Definitely appreciate the one about the dry shampoo.

Vuka_ukhanye said...

Thanks for this. It's very useful. ♥️

LifewithMsMalaika said...

Thanks for sharing sis.

Unknown said...

These are definitely things I will remember when doing my make up!!

Life begins at...Sobriety?

That seems to be the case for me. Let me start by saying, had it not been for a near death experience, I would certainly not be writing this...