Saturday, May 17, 2014

CKO turns 1!


Even as I am typing this, it still feels unreal. How did I manage to blog for a whole year when I am so used to not finishing things? The answer is simple: this blog has been my saving grace. It is the one place where I can to share my thoughts and I don’t have to sugar coat anything. This blog has helped me overcome so many obstacles in the last year and, most importantly; it has helped me celebrate motherhood and my love for all things fashion and beauty.

The other day I was asked why my blog is called “Cool Kids Only”. If you knew throughout my childhood and high school you would certainly appreciate the irony. I was NOT cool at all, not even close. That’s why I thought choosing that name would be really funny (even if it was a private joke).

When I started the blog I was unsure of what I wanted it to be about, if anyone would read or how long I would be able to keep it up. But here we are, a whole year later and I couldn’t be more proud of my humble little blog. Through blogging I have discovered so many brilliant blogs and they have all made me want to be a better blogger myself. While I am still not entirely sure of the route I want to take with my blog, I definitely know what kind of blogger I want to be.  The kind that is authentic and supportive of other bloggers. One who is truthful and approachable and hardworking .Am I all of that right now? I don’t know yet, but here’s to another year of working on that.

I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who takes the time to read my blog. Thank you for every comment, share, mention and retweet. You would never know just how much it means to me. Bear with me while we attempt this for another year.

 
                            REST IN PEACE JAELYN: 2012- 2014 L

                                                 TILL LATER, LAUREN!

No comments:

Life begins at...Sobriety?

That seems to be the case for me. Let me start by saying, had it not been for a near death experience, I would certainly not be writing this...