Monday, August 11, 2014

REVIEW: Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara


More often than not you will find me reviewing mascara on my blog. That is because I simply cannot stay monogamous when it comes to them: yes I have become somewhat of a mascara whore. While I have firm favourites, like Maybelline Illegal Definition (read post here), you’ll always find me yearning to try new ones and ultimately buying them. A few months ago I posted a lukewarm review of Lancome’s Hypnose Drama mascara which you can read here and today I’ve decided to discuss Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes mascara.
 

Here are my thoughts on the product

The packaging is once again absolutely picturesque. The white tube is adorned with the most adorable little red hearts and flowers and was created by Lanvin designer Alber Elbaz. Too be honest, it looks like the R315 it costs.  Application was much easier than with the Drama mascara. The brush doesn’t pick up as much product either which makes it a relatively smudge free process.

Two coats are all you need to create lashes that are curvaceous and impactful. Without a doubt it creates a doll eye effect. Furthermore it stays on for the longest time but, also removes quite easily with a cotton swab and make up remover. It is definitely not mascara I would purchase for myself over and over again simply because of the cost; my budget would never forgive me. If you are looking to spoil yourself and splurge this would be a great choice.

Long lasting effects and a great smell: I give this mascara an 8/10.

Which mascara are you currently using and coveting?

 

                                                             TILL LATER, LAUREN!

No comments:

Life begins at...Sobriety?

That seems to be the case for me. Let me start by saying, had it not been for a near death experience, I would certainly not be writing this...