Thursday, September 25, 2014

#PursueToSmile

This year, beyond a shadow of a doubt, has been the most difficult year of my entire life.  It has been a chaotic, sad and pressure filled year. I lost 3 family members in three months, my finances were mostly dismal and I was going through a major existential crisis. But, these days, things are so much better and it is mostly because I decided to make a conscious decision to be happier whatever was happening in my world; that and a lot of prayer.

So the other day when I read Verushka’s (her blog)  #PursueToSmile blog post,  I thought: “Hey, this is just another way to bring some joy into my life”. Let me explain the concept. This is what I gathered from the post.

*Write/blog/tweet 5 things that make you smile
* Take a picture of you smiling and post it on social media
* Nominate two or more friends to take on the #PursueToSmile challenge
* Tweet “I have taken the #PursueToSmile challenge

And now for my list..


 *My son and the rest of my family. These people are so funny and creative that they make being around them an absolute joy. And they always keep me inspired.


 * Blogging has helped me through a lot of tough situations this year. Even if I don't have a ton of followers, never go to events and I don't get a lot of page views, the feeling self worth that I get from blogging is more than enough. Also, there are so many amazing bloggers out there that I cannot help but be motivated by them.


 * Anything hot in a pretty mug puts a smile on my face. There's something about a cup of green tea that seems like it could be magic. And I am sure I don't have to explain the amazingness of a cup of hot chocolate on a cold day.


*BOOKS! Basically anything I can get my hands on to read. I am obsessed with collecting books and magazines and being transported to far away places and glamorous photo shoots. To me, reading is literally like taking a mini vacation from the chaos of the outside world.



 *Fashion. What can I say about fashion? I love the fact that you get to be a different person everyday through fashion. You get to have a voice and no one can really say " well hey, you are doing it wrong". I read fashion blogs and magazines everyday and I find myself continuously amazed and inspired by the fashion industry.

Here is my picture
That is as big as my smile goes
I nominate Namreen from Life and Times of the Fireflies, Tasneem from City Girl Vibe and Naeemah from The Jam Jar Blog


* I do not take credit for some of the images in this post




No comments:

Life begins at...Sobriety?

That seems to be the case for me. Let me start by saying, had it not been for a near death experience, I would certainly not be writing this...