Monday, November 10, 2014

Coveting: YSL's Black Opium


Don’t you love it when you buy your favourite magazine and you get an amazing freebie with (yes I am cheap like that); especially if it’s an opportunity for you to experience something that you have been coveting for a while. That was certainly the case recently when I purchased the November issue of Glamour SA and received a sample of YSL’s new perfume Black Opium. I was elated.

image source

Words I would use to describe the scent are mysterious, sexy, sensual, edgy and alluring. I have never used the original Opium fragrance but I have read that the bottle is similar to the new one. The difference with the Black Opium bottle is that it’s this black and sparkly creation that screams glam rock. Even before using then scent I was already a huge fan because of the advert featuring Edie Campbell and that catchy “My head is a jungle” song.

Whenever I wear it I get major compliments so it is safe to say that I am infatuated. This is definitely going on my Christmas wish list (hint, hint). Some of the notes in the fragrance include jasmine, vanilla, coffee, pink pepper, orange blossom and patchouli. I love that it’s a scent that is so difficult not to notice, but it’s not too overwhelming for day time and lingers all day.

What fragrance are you using or coveting right now?


Image source



TILL LATER, LAUREN!



No comments:

Life begins at...Sobriety?

That seems to be the case for me. Let me start by saying, had it not been for a near death experience, I would certainly not be writing this...