Thursday, November 6, 2014

Skirting the issue

It’s no secret that I am a “jeans girl”. If it was realistic I would wear my jeans every day, throughout all four seasons. To be frank, for me, it is somewhat of a security blanket.  They make my butt look amazing and they hide my legs (which I am not too fond off). BUT this post is not about jeans.

Somewhere, somehow during these last couple of months I fell in love with skirts; all skirts. I think what I love most is the fact that you can inhabit a different personality with every skirt you wear. You can be serious or flirty; sexy and even whimsical.  With each street style snap I have seen this year I seem to be and more besotted with skirts.


What won me over even more is the fact that, just like with jeans, the possibilities are endless and you can inject your own personality. You can dress down a pencil skirt with a t shirt and some loafers or dress up a leather skirt with a white button up shirt and jewel tone accessories. There is such freedom. I feel really sexy in the few skirts that I have bought so far because it is certainly out of my comfort zone. I feel rather brave. So in this post, in celebration of me letting go a little, I have rounded up a few of my favourite skirt looks. Which style do you prefer?  








* I do not take credit for the images in this post

                                                               TILL LATER, LAUREN!

No comments:

Life begins at...Sobriety?

That seems to be the case for me. Let me start by saying, had it not been for a near death experience, I would certainly not be writing this...