Friday, April 15, 2016

Life lately : New perspective

It's been a while since I have done my last "life lately" post. Simply because lately life hasn't been the greatest for me. Fear not, this is not a pity party. While I have gone through some of the hardest times this past month, I have also learned some of the best lessons.

I've learned that you can't expect people to be good to you just because you are to them. Not everyone has the same heart. I've learned that no matter how awful life seems, its often not as major as we perceive it to be. That there are others going through way worse situations. When your heart is broken it's easy to forget the countless other things that make you happy. It's a case of tunnel vision and and you only see the pain.

That's why I decided to shift my focus. Just on a day to day basis there are so many things that make me feel good. My beautiful son, my amazing family, my friends and the fact that I have a job. The more I focus on these wonderful things the, less my heart responds to anything that isn't turning me into a better person.

 So, perhaps selfishly so, this post is more for me than my readers. A sort of reminder that there is always light at the end of the tunnel. An ode to everything that makes me happy. At the end of the day: its not a perfect life but, it's a good life.

Fashion and getting to dress up puts me in a great mood.


Meaningful and funny quotes brighten up my day.


Details everywhere. I love blogs and instagram accounts that inspire me.

My gorgeous, loving, smart little guy.

My best friend and my best (only)bro
Magazines!
Thank you for reading. I hope this post spoke to you in some way. If it didn't, please share it with anyone who might need to read it.  Thank you in advance.

TILL LATER, LAUREN!

No comments:

Life begins at...Sobriety?

That seems to be the case for me. Let me start by saying, had it not been for a near death experience, I would certainly not be writing this...