Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Winter beauty savers #1


I love the idea of winter. When I say that, I don’t mean I love the season itself but, I love what it represents. I love cosy knits, mouth-watering warm drinks, binge watching my favourite series on a Sunday afternoon and reading steamy novels while it’s storming outside.

Even my mood changes in the winter season. I desire textures that are opulent and make-up that is equally rich and colour. It’s a moodier vibe than I would normally display in the warmer months. With the cold season right here on our doorstep I feel the need to not only switch up my skin care routine but, also my beauty regime. So I have decided to do a series of posts sharing my winter beauty savers.


I have been looking for a night cream to help my skin get extra moisture while I sleep. I wanted something lavish but, not greasy. When I saw Nivea's Daily Essentials Regenerating Night Cream I was curious to say the least. I haven't used many night creams so I wasn't sure what to look for exactly but, the "24-hour moisture boost + refresh " on the packaging was enough to convince me. I love this night cream. I know I tend to post only about products I love but, right now I don't have the energy or time to post about disappointing products.


The smell is amazing. It's not overpowering but rather soothing. I also like the consistency. It's thick enough to leave your skin feeling supple and moisturized but, it doesn't leave a greasy residue. I've been using it for a few weeks and my skin is absolutely radiant. The 50ml retails for R69.99 and now I am actually considering getting the day cream as well. 

Overall this night cream was exactly what I was looking for and I can't wait to see how it works with the day cream. I give it 7/10 and I am definitely going to repurchase. What's your favourite night cream at the moment? Or share your winter skin saver with me, I would love to hear from you.

TILL LATER, LAUREN!

No comments:

Life begins at...Sobriety?

That seems to be the case for me. Let me start by saying, had it not been for a near death experience, I would certainly not be writing this...