Wednesday, October 3, 2018

On the fence: Beauty Edition

Hi everyone! 

Hopefully  the week has been  treating you well and if it hasn't, we can only go up from here. I had a lot of fun doing my previous  post (On the fence) so I decided to extend  the series to beauty products as well. While I'm not necessarily on the fence about  the two products  I'm reviewing  today...I was in the beginning.

 I am a  creature  of habit so it's not unusual for me to stay inside my comfort zone.  I had been looking for  a new mascara for quite some time and I have had my eye on this one from Maybelline for longest time so I decided to take the plunge. I'm also not someone who takes hand cream too seriously ( not that I like being ashy), but its just never been a proirity. Let's talk about the products.


This mascara really frustrated me in the beginning. I kept getting it all over my lids, but I was determined to give it a shot because  I have heard amazing things about it. I'm not sure if it's the small brush or just the way I was holding the wand, but I couldn't get a proper application  at first. However, I was dead set on liking this cult favourite. I paid less than R100 for this one so I'd say it's not a bad investment  for such a low price. Eventually I figured out how to handle the small brush properly and now I reach for this mascara  everyday.

Maybelline Great Lash in Blackest Black.


The hand cream from  Isabella  Garcia   was a gift from my mom and it really surprised me. I'm unlucky enough to pick up greasy, not easily absorbed formula's but this one is exactly  the opposite. This one is part of a limited edition  set of three so I have two others to try as well but, so far I'm thoroughly impressed.

 It contains notes of white musk, amber, orange blossom, coconut and rhubarb. Fancy hey? It's amazingly creamy without  the greasy residue and leaves my hands both looking and feeling gorgeous. I guess I'm converted  now. The Isabella Garcia  La Parfum Creme Trinite retails for R325 on takealot.com last time I checked.

Isabella Garcia Last Parfum Creme  in Hypnotique

Are there any products  that you were not completely  sold on at first but adore now? Or maybe the internet really hyped up a product and it left you dissapointed. Tell me about it.  I would love to hear  from you. 

TILL LATER, LAUREN!




No comments:

Life begins at...Sobriety?

That seems to be the case for me. Let me start by saying, had it not been for a near death experience, I would certainly not be writing this...