Friday, February 28, 2014

Review: Metallic Eyeshadow from Hard Candy at BIRKEYE

Hey everyone

I was fortunate enough to receive some amazing products BIRKEYE recently and I am super excited to share this review with you guys. The metallic eyeshadow from Hard Candy ( they are stocked at the BIRKEYE online store along with some other awesome local and international brands) was undoubtedly new territory for me. Before I was a mom I was rather experimental with cosmetics but motherhood has made me rather conservative. Nevertheless I was determined to give these eyeshadows a fair chance. To my surprise, I didn't look as overdone as I suspected I would. However, it is still important that you keep the rest of your face natural.

 As with everything, not both of the shades suited me. While the blue shade (Electric 432) didn't look horrible on me, my eyes and I loved the green shade ( Jagged Jade 433) more. The packaging is really pretty and fits well in to even my smallest bag. The applicator also made the creamy product (it felt really good on my skin) easy to apply. Most importantly, it stays put all day but is super easy to remove at the end of the day. Both colours are super fun and easy to use. Perhaps I will do a make up tutorial really soon using them. Overall I would give it a 7/10.


                                     I am really a big fan of the simple but pretty packaging

Some swatches of the product.
 
A little about Birkeye
 
BIRKEYE is " a fresh national online store specializing in premium hair care, skincare and make up products for black and mixed women. We stock a variety of international brands and also support local cosmetic manufacturers. Our haircare range is focused on making sure you have healthy, strong beautiful hair whether it is natural or processed. The aim of our make up range is to reveal and enhance  your natural beauty with innovative specially formulated products"...
 
To find out more visit www.birkeye.com
 
PS: Birkeye is having an online launch party today (1 March 2014). Log on to their website between 12 and 6 pm. Ask questions, win prizes (giveaways every hour) and go all out spoiling yourself with flash sales.  Connect with Birkeye on their facebook page and on twitter @BIRKEYE
 
TILL LATER, LAUREN!

No comments:

Life begins at...Sobriety?

That seems to be the case for me. Let me start by saying, had it not been for a near death experience, I would certainly not be writing this...