Saturday, August 13, 2016

Bags are for free expression

 Gone are the days when a bag was merely a way of transporting all your junk around. Nowadays, a bag speaks volumes about the person who is carrying it. Inspired by my feature on City Girl Vibe blog (read it here ), I realised that the bag has become just as important as the rest of the outfit and is undoubtedly a manner of expressing whatever it is you want the world to know about who you are. Some bags say “I am carefree and couldn’t be bothered”; others say “I am a serious business woman with edge”. Some say “I am a mom with a love for fashion”, while others say “I am a blogger with my finger on the pulse of fashion world”. 

I love the fact that a bag has the power to transform a very plain outfit into an ensemble that looks like it has been carefully thought out. A bag certainly has the power to complete any look. So the next time I  go bag shopping I'll put more thought into what it is that I want my bag to express about me and not make use of my usual “how many things will I be able to fit into it" method. What do you think your bag says about you?












* I do not take credit for the images in this post.

Please follow my blog if you like reading it and connect with me on twitter @CkoBlog or facebook CKO cool kids only- blog.

TILL LATER,LAUREN!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am such a huge bag person and I love love love reading posts on what women carry around in their handbag. I think your handbag and it's contents says so much about you and each item has it's own special meaning. Right now I think my handbag says "typical student, blogger and lipstick lover". Lovely post L!

Adore your writing style.
Ps Thanks for the love on my blog ALWAYS. LOL and I might have sent you a message instead of commenting on your log. silly me.

Lauren Vogel said...

Thank you Tasneem. That's a gigantic compliment coming from you😊 thank you for reading! And its only a pleasure,I love your blog.

Lauren Vogel said...

Thank you Tasneem. That's a gigantic compliment coming from you😊 thank you for reading! And its only a pleasure,I love your blog.

Life begins at...Sobriety?

That seems to be the case for me. Let me start by saying, had it not been for a near death experience, I would certainly not be writing this...