Sunday, January 29, 2017

Words : Self worth

Realising your own worth is probably easier said than done. I would know. Having battled with depression up until I gave birth to my son, I was always one to sell myself short.


Looking on the bright side must have been alot easier before social media became such a prominent part of our lives. On my worst days: it seemed like everyone was doing better than I was. Instagram, Facebook and Twitter taunted me with perfect relationships, luxe holidays and to-die-for wardrobes.Yes, nowadays it is easy to get caught up in your own pity party.


This is why I actively look for ways to inject a little positivity, not only into my own life, but into the lives of others. We may not all lead perfect lives but, I strongly feel that we all have a purpose. God did not create any rejects and, while doubting ourselves might be the easy route to take, let's not.

Let us force ourselves to seek out the positive things. To be honest, no one else will help you achieve it. Waiting around for validation from others is a futile pursuit.  Trust me, I used to be the queen of seeking validation from others. And even when you do get it; it's a hole that doesn't stay filled up for long.


To make a long story short, I wrote this post with one purpose in mind. To make sure we all realise that there are always going to be difficult times. Shit is always going to happen but, wallowing in your sorrows is not going to get you anywhere. Pull yourself together and soldier on while you still have the opportunity. And while you are at it: sprinkle a little positivity wherever you go.

*I do not take credit for the images in this post

TILL LATER, LAUREN!


No comments:

Life begins at...Sobriety?

That seems to be the case for me. Let me start by saying, had it not been for a near death experience, I would certainly not be writing this...