Thursday, February 9, 2017

Style crush : Monica Rose

When I was younger it didn't occur to me that most celebrities had stylists. Naively, I was under the impression that they all had impeccable style. Naturally, when I started noticing the Kardashian/Jenner girls' style I assumed it was all their own doing all the time. Little did I know that they had a secret weapon. It wasn't really until I heard about Rachel Zoe that I really began to understand what a stylist was and what they did.



Monica Rose, an L.A. based stylist, is not only famous for styling the reality stars, but also has a multitude of other celebrity clients such as Gigi Hadid and Chanel Iman. She is known for her dramatic monochromatic looks in subdued colours such as white, black, grey and tan. Chances are if you spot someone in a striking minimalistic look it was styled by Monica Rose.




However, I was alot more interested in the stylist and mom's personal style. To be the mastermind behind so many iconic and well documented looks must mean that her own style is interesting to say the least. Monica describes her own style as "tomboyish and effortless " and sites Bianca Jagger, Jane Birkin and Kate Moss as her style icons.

She has been styling since 2003. Mind you, back then I wasn't paying much attention to fashion nor did I know that being a stylist was an actual occupation. Her looks has become some of the most coveted and most photographed over the years. I know every time Kim, Kendall or Kylie steps outside, I am anxious to see what they will be wearing .  It has been amazing discovering who the powerhouse behind these looks are. Not only does Monica Rose inspire with the the clients that she styles but, I also love her laid back, ever- evolving style. I can't wait to see what the future looks like for this lady.





Stylists often go unnoticed in the shadows of these colossal celebrities they style which is why I am happy to see the world recognising the creative brains behind some of the most loved and most copied looks. Who is your favourite stylist? I would love to hear from you!

*I do not take credit for the images in this post.

TILL LATER, LAUREN!

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11394525/?claim=jtqudv58n47">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Life begins at...Sobriety?

That seems to be the case for me. Let me start by saying, had it not been for a near death experience, I would certainly not be writing this...