But..in this case...a good one! It's so extremely easy to get carried away with every little trend just because some celebrity is wearing it or your somewhat trendy friend makes it look halfway decent. However, everyone of us live , think, work and socialise differently so why on earth would you want to be part of the "sheeple" and fade into the crowd?
You don't have to ride the wave every time a new trend surfaces. In order to discover your true style you first have to know who you truly are. Ask yourself a bunch of questions before you go shopping. The last thing you want is to end up with clothes that make you feel frumpy and frankly, unloved! (Yes,ill fitting clothes can make you feel unloved). The more you understand your body type, work requirements and socializing methods, the more use you will get out of your wardrobe and the better you will feel about yourself.
So you see having an identity crisis is not necessarily a bad thing ( I am going through one myself). It will force you to discard all the layers you have taken on over the years and rebuild yourself from the ground up. Just as you would like to be and not how you assume you should be.
MAYBE THIS WILL HELP....
- Ask yourself who's style do you admire (local or international)
- Cut out pictures from magazines and create your own style book (only things you genuinely like).
- Make note of what you feel best in and how many similar items you own.
- Don't be afraid that someone will insult your clothing choices (not everyone is going love your style)
- And if all else fails, I have rounded up a few ladies below with their own distinctive style and personality, if they can be individualists, SO CAN YOU!