Friday, January 26, 2018

Turn up the volume

Gigantic. Colossal. Call it what you want but, voluminous sleeves are having a moment. As with most of the trends, I noticed exactly how fashion bloggers and streetstyle royalty were opting for sleeves that are were to make a statement.




Soon I figured out that the trend had already been on a multitude of runways (which is probably how bloggers caught on). I have been thinking about the trend alot especially because I don't own anything particularly enormous when it comes to sleeves. But, before I indulge;  let's weigh the pros and cons of the trend.


*PROS
-Voluminous sleeves make a real statement. So even if you are wearing a really plain outfit; the sleeves will make you stand out.

-Listen, not everyone is particularly fond of their arms so you can cover up without making it obvious.

-The trend is super inclusive. You don't need to be a certain body type to wear it. Literally everyone can enjoy it.

- With a wide variety of materials and styles being offered on the runways; its safe to say that the trend is suitable for any season. Try light and flowy fabrics for summer and thicker, more structured pieces for the colder seasons.


*CONS
-The enormity of the sleeves might get in the way of your day to day activities and irritate the crap out of you.

I couldn't think of any other cons so I have successfully convinced myself (and hopefully you) to give the trend a try.

If you are not sure how to go about putting a look together please feel free to use the images in this post as inspiration. I would love to hear what you think about the trend or if there's any other trend that caught your eye.

*I do not take credit for the images in this post

TILL LATER, LAUREN!

No comments:

Life begins at...Sobriety?

That seems to be the case for me. Let me start by saying, had it not been for a near death experience, I would certainly not be writing this...