Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Heavenly Bodies: The 2018 MET Gala

It goes without saying that I was excited about the MET Gala this year but, when I discovered what the theme was, I surpassed excitement . The grand affair was held on the first Monday in May (7th) and I, along with the rest of the world, could not wait to see what the red carpet would produce this year.

This year’s theme “Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination” was perplexing to say the least but, I was sure the stars (at least some of them) would rise to the occasion. And did they ever. For me, the winner of the night was Rihanna in Mason Margiela by John Galliano. Not only did she co-chair the MET gala this year for their 70th anniversary but, she honoured the theme in a way I could not have imagined. No one interprets a theme quite like Riri. Some of my other favourites also include Cara Delevingne, SZA, Cardi B, Zendaya and Lily Collins.

I was also frustrated by a few of the looks. Listen, I am no fashion expert but, when you don’t even try adhering to the theme, what’s the point? This is the one night you get to be over the top and I wish some celebs were not playing it so safe. I’m talking about you Kim Kardashian West. Nevertheless, the night was a marvellous spectacle ( judging by the fashion) and I can’t wait to find what next year’s theme will be.

In this post I have gathered some of my favourite and not-so-favourite looks from fashion’s biggest fundraising event of the year. Do you see your favourite here? Tell me who think was best and worst dressed for the night.

Rihanna 
Rita Ora
Winnie Harlow
Kris Jenner
Kendall Jenner
Car a Delevingne 
Migos
Lily Collins
Traces Ellis Ross
Miley Cyrus, Stella McCartney and Paris Jackson

Janelle Monae
Kim Kardashian West
Nicki Minaj
Trevor Noah
Cardi B
Issa Rae
Mary J Blidge
Gigi Hadid
Selena Gomez
Lana delRey
Priyanka Chopra

Travis Scott and Kylie Jenner
Blake Lively
Zendaya

*I do not take credit the images in this post.

TILL LATER,LAUREN!

No comments:

Life begins at...Sobriety?

That seems to be the case for me. Let me start by saying, had it not been for a near death experience, I would certainly not be writing this...