Saturday, May 19, 2018

"This is a man's world..

But it would be nothing without a woman or a girl..."Can you guess which trend I am obsessing over this month. Menswear, although not really a new trend, is invading the fashion world one pinstripe at a time. While some can pull it off without a second thought; for others like me, it might require a little more effort and practice.

The trend allows you to explore masculine style while adding your own individual flair. So if you don't want to wear the trend top to bottom; there are ways to incorporate it into your style, one item at a time. In this post I discuss the menswear trends I am dying to try.

Blazers: This is probably the easiest way to inject a little bit of masculinity into your every day wardrobe. You can wear a blazer over a dress or with a jeans and t-shirt.  A blazer is the ultimate masculine piece. I especially love a sleeveless blazer.




Loafers and brogues: I find loafers and brogues absolutely sexy. There's just something so irresistibly carefree yet controlled about them. In my opinion they look best with tailored pants but, they will add some edge to dresses and skirts as well.



Cigarette pants: Nothing says men's inspired fashion like good tailoring...and well tailored pants are right at the top of the list. I love a pair that sits right above the ankle. I think the hint of skin is quite feminine.


Boyfriend jeans: Boyfriend jeans are the epitome of "borrowed from the boys". It can be dressed down with a t-shirt and flats or glammed up with a leather jacket and some sparkly heels. I love how versatile it is.


What is your favourite masculine trend? Which trends are you currently obsessed with? I Enjoy the inspiration images in this post.

*I do not take credit for the images in this post

TILL LATER,LAUREN!

No comments:

Life begins at...Sobriety?

That seems to be the case for me. Let me start by saying, had it not been for a near death experience, I would certainly not be writing this...