Sunday, March 23, 2014

Review:Yardley's 12 in 1 CC cream




Confession time: I have been a fervent BB cream user for a while now and I was slightly sceptical about using this CC cream. However, I had recently won this in a Glamour magazine competition and, not only was I extremely excited to use this, I was also determined to give it a fair assessment.

Why this product is right for you/me (according to the box)

*Instead of using a moisturiser, colour corrector, primer, sun protection and foundation, just use Yardley’s 12 n 1 CC cream.

[It is] –Multifunctional

        -Time saving

        -Travel friendly

It comes in shades for light, medium and dark complexions.

It is suitable for normal, oily and combination skin.

So what are the 12 benefits of Yardley’s CC cream

1.    Actively improves appearance of uneven skin tone

2.    For a flawless, radiant complexion

3.    Lasting hydration

4.    SPF 30

5.    Light to medium coverage

6.    Firmer skin appearance

7.    Contains photo luminescent pigments with Diamond core (brightens and enhances complexion)

8.    A light textured fast absorbing moisturiser

9.    Visibly reduces appearance of red, blotchy, hyper pigmented skin

10.  Age preventative properties

11.  Fights and covers up blemishes and imperfections

12.  Nourishing and rejuvenating with Advance Vitamin Technology

 


After two weeks of using the product, these are my thoughts: 

There is definitely something special about Yardley CC cream. I have to admit that upon the first application I used a little too much and ended up looking rather washed-out. Also, I didn’t blend it very well and that didn't  help either. On the plus side, you don’t need too much product to get great coverage. Once I eventually got the application right, I loved what I saw. I was battling flu at the time I started using the CC cream, but you really couldn’t tell by looking at my skin. I looked happy and healthy, so Yardley, my dark circles and I thank you. This is the ideal product if you have limited time in the morning and also if you want coverage without the heaviness .With a sturdy cap and a bottle I can only describe as slim and sexy (yes I said sexy) you can easily carry it around in your handbag or make up bag. It glides on smoothly and blends in effortlessly to match your skin tone in a matter of seconds. Only thing that I would change about this product is that it really doesn’t smell like anything. Perhaps it is just me, but I like the products I put on my face to smell like something.

My shade is Medium 02 and use my fingers to blend. I also put on a little bronzer on after the CC cream. Overall, I would give this product 8 out of 10. Great, now I’m in a love triangle with BB and CC cream!

If you enjoy reading my blog, do me a favour and follow it. Also connect with me on twitter @CkoBlog. My facebook page goes by the name of CKO cool kids only- blog, I would really appreciate it if you take the time to “like” it. Thank you very much for reading.

 

                                                      TILL LATER, LAUREN!

 

                              

No comments:

Life begins at...Sobriety?

That seems to be the case for me. Let me start by saying, had it not been for a near death experience, I would certainly not be writing this...